Generally people deem traveling to be one amongst the most expensive event in their lives. But this can be proved wrong. A little judicious and cautious planning can save tremendous expenditure without compromising significantly on the fun and joy of your trip. There are various ways to do this.
1. What you first need to do is to prepare your budget-how much maximum you can spend on your outing and what is the minimum that you would want to consume.
2. The second best thing would be to choose the season to go. If it is an off-season, don’t be reluctant to pack your bags. For during off-season, not much people are traveling to that place. Like winter and rainy seasons are believed to be off seasons for the beach locations. At this time the costs of the hotels, the availability of rooms and reservations etc. all will be conveniently available and that too at remarkably less price.
3. If you traveling domestically, for instance if you are a student willing to enjoy a good and cheap vacation and looking forward for accommodation, the best you can do is to opt for a hostel or pitching up your tent. Tents can be pitched on those recreational grounds that welcome such stays. This saves the huge amount you would have to expend for your stay in a hotel room.
4. Even if you are traveling domestically don’t be shy in looking for discounts. There are many off-season discounts available. These are meant to lure customers even in the off-season. Various travel agencies (that offer excellent cheap package tours), hotels, restaurants, shopping malls etc. facilitate such discounts. If you plan to go through a travel agency, ask them about these beneficial discounts and do avail them.
5. If you think that distance can be commuted by a car and you do not require any travel agency then prefer to take your own car. Rented car can be a little more expensive. Try to work upon and minimize the consumption of gasoline (like less of air conditioner and excess speed etc.). For gasoline is costly and the cost varies from state to state. However, the best means to travel domestically is to catch up a bus or train. For that saves you from the weariness of driving and the expense of gasoline as well as the one for the wear and tear of your car.
6. If you propose to make a move internationally i.e. to take a destination abroad, the finest thing would be have a travel agent. An agent can help you in many ways. Ask your agent to go for those airlines that offer a good discount and offers like booking your lodging etc. Try not to make any last minute reservations for they are most often costly and you may not even find a seat.
7. You can also search the Internet for various airfares once you decide upon the dates to travel. Internet search can be very valuable in finding a suitable accommodation and eating joints that fit in your budget. Also try to know something about the domestic life of the place you are heading to. This can save you from many troubles later. Like if you have an idea of some restaurant that is hogged by the local residents, you have made your trip somewhat free of expenditure on food.
8. Last but not the least make sure you go with a travel insurance done. This insurance can make up for your cancelled fights, medical expenses, lost luggage etc. Travel insurance companies too provide various concessions especially when you are traveling internationally. Travel insurance is the best for your safety and happiness during your trip.
Remember, a little travel strategy and research will have a wonderful journey within your pocket.